Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tournament Scheduling Q&A
 Galactix Software Forums : Technical Support : Tournament Scheduling Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Round-Robin Tournaments? Post Reply Post New Topic
Ceres1

Quote Ceres1 Replybullet Topic: Round-Robin Tournaments?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 5:01pm
Hi there.

I have just been trying out TSSS and I cannot seem to find any way to set up a Round-Robin based Tournament.

I organise kids' rugby festivals which are run on a single day. In order to maximise the number of games each team gets, we start off with round-robin pools; then the winner of each pool will play in the final and 3rd/4th play-off.

This means we can guarantee every visiting team that they WILL get x number of games, regardless of performance - very important when you're talking about excited kids - you don't want them playing only one match, which they lose and end up heading straight back home again...

Is there really no way to do this in TSSS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this seems to be one of the nicer-looking apps out there and I would love to be able to go with this...

ps. I realise I am not the first person on these forums to ask this question, but I don't yet see any answers and it has been a while  since the others - I'm hoping there might be some update...?

Thanks,
C.

Edited by Ceres1 - 05 Mar 2011 at 5:03pm
IP IP Logged
Zoeykids

Quote Zoeykids Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:04pm
We have the same challenge. All tournaments are x # of games round robin followed by cross-over and/or semi-final, and finals.

The only way I have found to do this is to schedule as season games and then the playoff as finals, or setup the first vs second as 2 "teams" that have one "game" on the last day.

Because we are publishing to the web, it would be preferred to load this all into the tournament.

Galactix, has this been considered?
NNH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version