Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tournament Scheduling Q&A
 Galactix Software Forums : Technical Support : Tournament Scheduling Q&A
Message Icon Topic: Web Page Flexibility Post Reply Post New Topic
braden
Groupie
Groupie

Quote braden Replybullet Topic: Web Page Flexibility
    Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 7:06am
Software needs more flexibility with web page, sure we could go in and edit page manually but every time you changed something you would have to go and manually edit web page. Examples: be able to change info you can see on pages, like in the team schedule page I dont need the type and contact info I would like to be able to select what info I want to see, right now it only shows home, actually says evening should say home, and I want to see cell phone. Again a check box perhaps built into the program that lets the user decide what info should appear would be great.

IP IP Logged
support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote support Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 10:22am
The webpages are generated from templates, and the templates are provided, so this is about as flexible as you can get. You can customize the templates and all web pages you generate based on those templates will look the same. To begin customizing the templates, make sure you do the following:

1. Make a copy the "C:\Program Files\TSSS 5.0\Templates\Default" folder, and rename your copy to 'Bradens' (or whatever you like)
2. In TSSS, go to Tools->Options from the menu, click on the Web tab, and in the template drop down, choose 'Bradens' (or whatever you named it).

Now the next time you go to generate the website, it will be using the template files in the Bradens folder. When you customize the templates, make sure you are changing the ones in the Bradens folder and not Default.
IP IP Logged
braden
Groupie
Groupie

Quote braden Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 12:25am
Originally posted by support

The webpages are generated from templates, and the templates are provided, so this is about as flexible as you can get. You can customize the templates and all web pages you generate based on those templates will look the same. To begin customizing the templates, make sure you do the following:

1. Make a copy the "C:\Program Files\TSSS 5.0\Templates\Default" folder, and rename your copy to 'Bradens' (or whatever you like)
2. In TSSS, go to Tools->Options from the menu, click on the Web tab, and in the template drop down, choose 'Bradens' (or whatever you named it).

Now the next time you go to generate the website, it will be using the template files in the Bradens folder. When you customize the templates, make sure you are changing the ones in the Bradens folder and not Default.

Did all this now if I could only edit them? The files in the templates point to the folder "include"  are these the files I have to actually edit? This may be beyond my ability?
IP IP Logged
support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote support Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 10:30pm
If you need to make changes to the files in the 'include' directory, first copy them to your 'Bradens' template folder and edit them there. Don't change the ones in the 'include' folder because they will be overwritten the next time you update TSSS. Most of the templates do include some of the files in the include directory. Most of the grids are defined and filled in the include files so if that's what you want to do then copy the file to your template folder and change them there. You'll need a bit of HTML and javascript knowledge to customize them.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version